Bone Pain - Stress Fracture (Tibial Stress Fracture) Vancouver
Bone Pain - Stress Fracture:
A stress fracture, typically causing bone pain, is one type of incomplete fracture in bones. It is caused by "unusual or repeated stress." This is in contrast to other types of fractures, which are usually characterized by a solitary, severe impact.
It could be described as a very small sliver or crack in the bone; this is why it is sometimes dubbed "hairline fracture." It typically occurs in weight-bearing bones, such as the tibia (bone of the lower leg, referred to as Tibial Stress Fracture) and metatarsals (bones of the foot).
It is a common sports injury, and more than half of the cases are associated with athletics. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Chronic repetitive trauma will lead to this type of fracture in bone.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating Tibial Stress Fractures. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT TIBIAL STRESS FRACTURES:
- What is the most effective treatment for Tibial Stress Fractures?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for Tibial Stress Fractures?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with Tibial Stress Fractures?
- What shoes are best for Tibial Stress Fractures?
- Where can I get medical hardware for Tibial Stress Fractures?
- Why is the pain so chronic?
Hycroft Medical Building
114-3195 Granville Street
Have your questions answered by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below. He will respond promptly.