Tendonitis in Vancouver
Tendonitis (or "Tendinitis") used to be thought of as a painful inflammation of a tendon, however, there is rarely much inflammation associated with the condition, thus 'tendinitis' is an inaccurate term, 'tendinopathy' being currently used. More recent research indicates that tendinopathy is an overuse injury resulting in microtears in the muscle fibres, leading to an increase in tendon repair cells, yet an absence of inflammatory cells. This may lead to reduced tensile strength, thus increasing the chance of tendon rupture. Chronic overuse of tendons leads to microscopic tears within the collagen matrix, which gradually weakens the tissue.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating tendonitis. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT TENDONITIS TREATMENT:
- What is the most effective treatment for tendonitis?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for tendonitis?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with tendonitis?
- What shoes are best for tendonitis?
- Where can I get medical hardware for tendonitis?
- Why is the pain so chronic?
Hycroft Medical Building
114-3195 Granville Street
Have your questions answered by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below. He will respond promptly.