Sprained Ankle Treatment in Vancouver
A Sprained Ankle, also known as an ankle sprain, rolled ankle, ankle injury or ankle ligament injury, is a common medical condition where one or more of the ligaments of the ankle is torn or partially torn. The anterior talofibular ligament is one of the most commonly involved ligaments. A lateral ankle sprain occurs when the ankle is inverted beyond the elastic limits of its supporting structures causing acute ankle pathology.
"Ankle sprains are often chronic with repeat episodes over a short period of time. It is extremely important to control the inflammation around the sprained ankle before returning to activity. Ankle brace or taping may be necessary to provide support" - Dr. Michael Horowitz
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating Sprained Ankles. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT SPRAINED ANKLES TREATMENT:
- What is the most effective treatment for sprained ankles?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for sprained ankles?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with sprained ankles?
- What shoes are best for sprained ankles?
- Where can I get medical hardware for sprained ankles?
- Why is the pain so chronic?
Hycroft Medical Building
114-3195 Granville Street
Have your questions answered by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below. He will respond promptly.