The heel bone is the largest of the 26 major bones in the human foot. While it is a large and strong bone, it is often injured and this pain can be quite disabling at times. Heel pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis -- a condition that is sometimes called heel spur syndrome when a bone spur is present. Heel pain may also be due to other causes, such as a stress fracture, tendonitis, arthritis, nerve irritation, or, rarely, a cyst.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating this condition. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
Because there are several potential causes, it is important to have heel pain properly diagnosed.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT HEEL PAIN:
- What is the most effective treatment for heel pain?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for heel pain?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with heel pain?
- What shoes are best for heel pain?
- Where can I get medical hardware for heel pain?
- Why is the pain so chronic?
Hycroft Medical Building
114-3195 Granville Street
Have your questions about Heel Pain answered by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below. He will respond promptly.