Perhaps the most common complaint we see here at Vancouver Orthotics: Plantar Fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis can be a chronic and painful inflammatory condition caused by excessive strain to the "plantar fascia" (bottom fibrous tissue of the foot). This pain may be felt in the heel or the arch itself. Typically, the patient experiences immediate pain first thing in the morning as well as consistent pain throughout the day, or the patient feels pain at the end of the night, after a full day of standing.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treat patients suffering from Plantar Fasciits in Vancouver. He can help evaluate and diagnose your condition, and recommend the best course of action. Click the folowing link to setup an appointment or call the office directly Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information!
The cause of plantar fasciitis can be from a specific trauma to the foot, or from chronic repetitive strain often associated with a flat, or overly pronated foot. Pain is usually felt on the underside of the heel, inside more often than outside of the arch, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. It is commonly associated with long periods of weight bearing.
Plantar fasciitis can be successfully treated with the support of custom orthotic inserts.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS:
- What is the most effective plantar fasciitis treatment?
- What plantar fasciitis exercises & stretches do you recommend?
- What symptoms are most commonly affiliated to plantar fasciitis?
- What exactly is the plantar fascia & what shoes are best for plantar fasciitis?
- Where can I get a plantar fasciitis night splint?
- Why is "planters fasciitis" or plantar fasciitis pain so chronic?
Have questions about Plantar Fasciitis? Ask Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below.