A bunion is an enlargement of the bone & joint of the big toe (1st metatarsophalangeal joint) often caused by chronic irritation of the skin, joint capsule and bone. Genetic factors play a part in the development of a bunion as do the footwear chosen and the activities most often performed. High heeled and narrow shoes send to place a greater stress on the joint of the big toe and can be a precipitating factor.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a natural process to successfully treating bunions. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.Bunions can be successfully treated and prevented with the support of custom orthotic inserts. It's an issue of biomechanics.
You Might Have These Questions:
- Have you considered an alternative to bunion surgery?
- Do you experience bunion pain?
- Did you know bunions can be treated without surgery, naturally?
- How do you know if you have a bunionette?
- Should you use a bunion splint?
- What is a bunionectomy & what is the recovery time?
- How can orthotics help with bunion removal?