Orthotics for Leg Length Discrepancy or The Short Leg Vancouver Orthotics
Leg Length Discrepancy (LLD), or Leg Length Inequality (LLI), or Short Leg occurs when the legs are either different lengths or appear to be different lengths because of misalignment. If the legs are measurably different in length, this can be caused by a birth defect or after a broken leg, serious infection, or damage done to one of the growth plates in the leg. The more common type of LLD is seen when the legs themselves are the same length, but perhaps due to misalignment, causes from neuromuscular injuries, one leg or hip is held higher than the other, causing one leg to appear longer. Even a leg length difference as small as a quarter inch can cause difficulty and pain in walking and can manifest as lower back pain, hip and knee pain, uneven gait, and various foot and lower leg problems. If you have been diagnosed with a leg length discrepancy, or uneven leg length, chances are you have used heel lifts and orthotic inserts in the past. If you’re in need of a new pair, or perhaps you’re not sure if your lower back, hip, knee, or foot pain is being caused by this leg length difference, give us a call today and we’d love to answer your questions about your symptoms and treatment.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating Leg Length Discrepancy. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT LLD TREATMENT:
- What is the most effective treatment for leg length discrepancy?
- Orthotics for leg length discrepancy, do they work?
- Do custom shoes for leg length discrepancy help?
- What shoes for uneven leg length are recommended?
- Do shoe inserts for uneven legs help create balance?
- What are the best shoes for leg length discrepancy?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for leg length discrepancy?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with leg length discrepancy?
- What shoes are best for leg length discrepancy?
- Where can I get medical hardware for leg length discrepancy?
#114-3195 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3K2