Knee Pain has many possible origins and can be as debilitating and annoying as anything. The knee joint is a hinge joint seperated by a shock-absorbing meniscus and stabilized by strong ligaments (ACL = anterior cruciate ligament, PCL = posterior cruciate ligmanet, MCL = medical cruciate ligament, LCL = lateral cruciate ligament).
The knee joint is a weight bearing joint that can take a lot of abuse over the years. Faulty biomechanics from the feet can have a destructive effect on the knee joint. This is where custom orthotic inserts play a role in preventing breakdown and treating knee pain.
Arthritis is common to the knee joint. Years of repetitive strain and lack of biomechanical shock absorption from the feet can great a "worn and torn" knee joint. Prevention is the best measure. Symptomatic treatment such as ice/heat, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic mobilizations, and custom orthotic therapy can all provide relief.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating this condition. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT KNEE PAIN:
- What is the most effective knee pain treatment?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for knee pain?
- What causes are most commonly associated with knee pain?
- What exactly is the ACL & what shoes are best for knee pain?
- Do I have Patellofemoral Syndrome?
- Do I have Knee Bursitis?
- Do I have Tendonitis in the Knee Joint?
- Why is my knee pain so acute?
- Should I be wearing a knee brace?
Have your questions about Knee Pain answered by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below: