Hallux Valgus | Hallux Rigidus | Try Vancouver Orthotics
Hallux Valgus is when the big toe angles in towards the other toes. This is most common with women who wear unsuitable footwear and is often the cause of bunions.
Arthritis in the big toe has the medical name hallux rigidus. The joint at the base of the big toe is called the metatarophalangeal joint, or MTP joint. This is where the long bone of the forefoot, and the small bone of the big toe meet. This is the most common site of arthritis in the foot.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating hallux valgus. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
YOU MIGHT HAVE THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT HALLUX VALGUS TREATMENT:
- What is the most effective treatment for hallux valgus?
- What exercises & stretches do you recommend for hallux valgus?
- What other symptoms are most commonly associated with hallux valgus?
- What shoes are best for hallux valgus?
- Where can I get medical hardware for hallux valgus?
- Why is the pain so chronic?