Plantar Fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition caused by excessive strain to the "plantar fascia" (bottom fibrous tissue) of the foot. The plantar fascia is a thick fibrous band of connective tissue originating on
the bottom surface of the calcaneus (heel bone) and extending along the sole of
the foot towards the five toes.
Dr. Michael Horowitz offers a 5-Step process to successfully treating this condition. He can help evaluate & diagnose your condition and recommend the best course of action for you. Call Vancouver Orthotics at 604-737-3668 for more information.
The cause of plantar fasciitis
can be from a specific trauma to the foot or from chronic repetitive
strain often associated with the flat overly pronated foot. Pain is
usually felt on the underside of the heel, inside more often than
outside of the arch, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. It is commonly associated with long periods of weight bearing.
Plantar fasciitis can be successfully treatment with the support of custom orthotic inserts.
You Might Have These Questions & Others:
- What is the most effective plantar fasciitis treatment?
- What plantar fasciitis exercises & stretches do you recommend?
- What symptoms are most commonly affiliated to plantar fasciitis?
- What exactly is the plantar fascia & what shoes are best for plantar fasciitis?
- Where can I get a plantar fasciitis night splint?
- Why is "planters fasciitis" or plantar fasciitis pain so chronic?
Have your questions answered about Plantar Fasciitis by Dr. Michael Horowitz by calling 604-737-3668 or by filling out the form below. He will respond promptly.